MessageMe is a tool the University uses to communicate with the Harvard community when there is an imminent and critical public safety issue.
MessageMe allows crisis support leaders to instantly send messages simultaneously to subscribers across campus. Now you can choose how you want to receive your messages. You can choose one or all of these methods in order to customize a solution that works for you.
Official Harvard phone numbers are automatically subscribed. Other options available are as follows:
- Voice mail to the personal (non Harvard) phone number of your choice
- Text message to your (personal or Harvard provided) cell phone
- E-mail to your non-Harvard e-mail account
Because Harvard University is committed to the safety and security of the University community, in addition to MessageMe, Harvard utilizes several well-established emergency communication methods.
They are as follows:
- University-wide broadcast emails
- Online updates via the Harvard homepage
- Coordinated use of public media outlets
- Localized public address systems